Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Wikis

August 6 - Thing 16.
Wikis is not new to me. I have always enjoyed reading wikiopedia and gleaned many an interesting information, even on subjects I was totally familiar with. I think, it is a wonderful tool, where anyone can add their nugget of information and pass it on to the world in general. As always, there is always a caveat and one must use the tool with caution.

I am pretty much familiar with many of the 'things' mentions on 23 things and I have not really labelled each as thing 1, 2 etc. Wiki I believe is Thing 16.

Thing 17: I did the Wiki exercise and thought it was interesting. it could be a valuable tool. Our strategic plan notes are on a wiki and we are supposed to read and make comments. It seems though that things get erased by editors, in wiki. (I was not aware of that) so it would be pointless adding your comments.

No comments: